Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana | pm kisan samman nidhi yojana status | pm kisan samman nidhi yojana 2020 status | pm kisan.gov.in status | pm kisan status | pm kisan list | pm kisan beneficiary status | pm kisan samman nidhi 2020 status | kisan samman nidhi yojna form
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is one of the welfare schemes for farmers across India. The largest source of livelihood in India is Agriculture and its allied sectors. Besides, in rural India, 70% of them primarily depends on agriculture, and about 80% of them are small and marginal.
In this agricultural country, the farmers, however, suffer more in poverty and hunger. They are one of the most misled groups falling easily into debt traps of moneylenders.
For this reason, our current Indian Government has launched some income support scheme for farmers, and Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is one of them. In this article, you will get to know everything about this Yojana and how you can benefit from this government scheme.
Overview of the Scheme:
|Name Of The Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Scheme|
|Scheme Launched By||Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi, Government of India|
|Launched Year||24th February 2019|
|Targeted Beneficiaries||Small and marginal farmers, urban and rural farmers, cultivators, and croppers|
|Objective Of The Scheme||To ensure proper crop health and appropriate production and to provide income support to the farmers at the end of each crop cycle|
|Mode Of Applications||Approach the local patwari/revenue officer/Nodal Officer (PM-Kisan) nominated by the State Government.The Common Service CentresOnline self-registration|
|Benefits||Support for Farmers and overall agricultural growth|
Under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, the central government will transfer the seventh installment to the beneficiary accounts from December 1, 2020. Under this scheme, farmers will receive Rs 6000 per year in 3 equal installments of Rs 2000 each.
So, what is Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) Yojana?
The Government of India comes to provide income support to small and marginal farmers of India. The Interim Finance Minister, Piyush Goyal, has introduced a scheme called Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan)Yojana in 2019. Through the scheme, 120 millions of farmers would get Rs 6,000 each per year.
It is a 75,000-crore scheme, which aims to the betterment of farmers’ families. The scheme will, in turn, not only help in the prosperous growth of the farmers but also will help in the overall agricultural growth of India.
The scheme also protects the farmers from the clutch of the moneylenders. Many poverty-ridden farmers meet unfortunate ends because of the expenses of debt. The Government launched this scheme to ensure the persistence of their farming activities.
Key Features of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Yojana is a Central government scheme with 100% funding from the Government of India.
- The Scheme came into effect on 1.12.2018.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Yojana Scheme, govt will provide Rs 6,000/- per year in 3 equal installments to the small and marginal farmers families having total landholding or ownership of up to 2 hectares.
- The state govt and UT head will identify the beneficiary as per the scheme guidelines.
- The amount to be provided will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the farmers.
- The Scheme contains many exclusion categories. To check your eligibility, read the whole article.
Eligibility criteria for PM KISAN Yojana:
Eligibility criteria show the people who will get under the roof of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme. They are as follows:
- Under this scheme, farmers of both rural and urban areas, belonging to any Indian State, are eligible. Previously, the income support scheme was only eligible for the farmers who have farming land up to 2 hectares. Now the Government has extended the PM-KISAN scheme to every 14.5 crores of farmers. They can avail benefits irrespective of their land sizes.
- The Government will transfer the installments of this scheme directly into the bank accounts. Hence, it is necessary for farmers to have a Savings Account or Jan-Dhan Account to avail the benefit.
- Besides them, multi-tasking staff, Class IV, and Group D government employees are eligible to get the benefits of this scheme.
The people who are not eligible for the scheme belong to the exclusion categories. The Government of India has published a list of exclusion categories for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. The list of the categories of beneficiaries who will not be eligible for benefit under the scheme are as follows:
- Beneficiaries of higher economic status, such as all institutional landholders, are not eligible.
- The farmer families in which one or more of its members falls under the following categories are not eligible.
- Former and current holders of constitutional posts
- Former and present Ministers or State Ministers
- Former and present Members of LokSabha or RajyaSabha or State Legislative Assemblies or State Legislative Councils
- Former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations
- Former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats
- All the serving or retired officers and employees of Central and State Government, Ministries, Offices, or Departments and its field units, Central or State PSEs and Attached offices, Autonomous Institutions under Government and regular employees of the Local Organizations are not eligible.
- All superannuated or retired pensioners, whose monthly pension is Rs.10, 000 or more, are not eligible for this scheme. In both of the cases (3 & 4), there are exceptions for Multi-Tasking Staff, Class IV, and Group D employees.
- All the people who have paid Income Tax in the last assessment year are not eligible for this scheme.
- Professionals such as Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices are not eligible.
Documents required to apply for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
For the application of this scheme, one would need several things, and they are as follows.
- Registered proof of name, age, gender, and category (SC/ST), such as Aadhaar Card
- Citizenship Certificate
- Land-holding papers
- Bank account details and IFSC Code
- If the Aadhaar Card is not issued, then the Aadhaar Number should be collected for those beneficiaries
- The mobile number is not mandatory.
So, how to apply for the PM KISAN Yojana?
There are several ways of applying for the Pradhan mantra Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, such as online registration and the offline approach.
For new online registration of PM-KISAN scheme:
If a farmer wants to register for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana( PM Kisan Yojana) online, he/she has to follow the steps given below.
- Go to the official website of PM-Kisan Yojana, which is https://pmkisan.gov.in/
- On the right side of the homepage, there is an option called “Farmers Corner.” You may click on this option.
- Once you click on the option, a list will appear. Go for the “New Farmers Registration” option, and click on this.
- At first, you have to fill the Aadhaar Number and image code. Then, you may click on the option “Click here to continue.”
- After that, you need to fill up the required details such as State, District, name, farmer’s type, category, bank details, date of birth, and so on. You must make sure that all the information is correct.
- At the end of the form, you may choose if the ownership is single or joint. If you have joined ownership, click on the “Joint” option and fill up the required fields.
- After that, you may click on the “Save” option.
- Immediately after that, a box will appear with your farmer id. It is important to note it down. This number indicates that your registration is successful. Once you note the id number, click on “Ok.”
New registration of PM KISAN through the mobile app: Download Process
A farmer can also register his/her name for the benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN Scheme) through a new mobile app.
- Open official website of PM KISAN Yojana that is https://pmkisan.gov.in/
- Go to the “Farmers corner” option and click to open the list.
- Now, you need to click on the “Download PMKISAN Mobile App” option.
- Install the app from the link. Or you can directly download the “PMKISAN GoI” app.
- You will get the option of “New Farmer registration” on the app. Now, you can follow the instructions and enrol your name.
Using this Mobile app, the farmers can also know their beneficiary status, payment status, correct name using Aadhaar Card, know details about the Scheme, and dial the helpline numbers.
The offline new registration process for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
If a farmer wants to enrol his/her name through the offline registration process, he/she has to go to an authorized person. You have to go to the local patwari/revenue officer or the Nodal Officer (PM-Kisan) nominated by the State Government.
The CSCs are also authorized to register a farmer upon payment of fees. In the case of offline registration, you have to give all the important documents for enrolment.
How to check the beneficiary status for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
If farmers want to check their beneficiary status, they can easily do it online. For this, follow the given steps.
- First of all, you have to open the official portal of the PM-KISAN Scheme, which is https://pmkisan.gov.in/
- Check the “Farmers corner” on the right side of the page, and click on this option.
- A list will appear, and in that list, you will get the option of “Beneficiary Status.” Click on this option to open the portal.
- You can use your Aadhaar Number, Account Number, or mobile number to check the beneficiary status. Once you put the details, click on the “Get Data” option.
You can also check the Beneficiary List online. You will find this option in the “Farmers Corner.” Click on the “Beneficiary List” option and fill the required details.
For this, you have to fill State, District, Sub-district, Block, and Village. Now, click on the “Get Report” option. This way, you will get the name of the candidate in the Beneficiary List.
Also Read, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
PM KISAN Yojana Grievances:
A farmer can complain regarding the registration of their name in the beneficiary’s list under the scheme and the instalments. They can query and complain about the location of registration centres, registration in cases of non-updated land-records, error in data submission, etc. To file a complaint, follow the given instruction.
- Open the official website of PM KISAN Scheme with https://pmkisan.gov.in/
- You will see the “Contact Us” option on the homepage, click on the option.
- You will get to know all the addresses and helpline numbers. You can also get Lists of State Nodal Officers and their contact numbers. With the telephone number, you can also place your complaint and solve your queries.
Kisan Credit Card:
Kisan Credit card helps the PM-KISAN Beneficiaries in several matters. With this, they can avail short term loans at a maximum interest of 4% on timely repayment.
Besides, eligible farmers for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana ( PM-Kisan Yojana) will also be enrolled for the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Beema Yojana, if they want.
It will also provide accident insurance and life insurance at a premium of, respectively, Rs 12 and Rs 330 for an insured value of 2 lakhs in each case.
The farmers under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana will get 6000 per crop cycle. The payment will come directly to the farmers’ bank accounts. They will get 2000 rupees installment per four months in a year.
To conclude, although most of the Indians are dependent on agriculture, every year farmers meet unfortunate ends, even death, for various problems. It includes bad crop health, debt, etc.
For this, our Government has initiated this Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana to support the small and marginal farmers. Truly, when the farmers get their necessary support, then overall Indian agriculture will grow.