Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) is one of the main pillar of Ayushman Bharat Yojana. The other one is Health and Wellness Centers. It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Ranchi, Jharkhand on September 23, 2018.
|Name of the Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) Under Ayushman Bharat|
|Launched By||Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Launch Year||September 23, 2018|
|Objective of the Scheme||To provide free health care protection|
|Beneficiaries||10 Crores Families|
|Monitored By||National Health Ministry|
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana under Ayushman Bharat Yojana is the largest Health Insurance scheme that aims to provide a health coverage insurance of 5lacs/year per family for secondary and tertiary diseases. The Scheme aims to provide insurance to more than 10 crores of poor and most vulnerable families (counts approximately 50 crore individuals). The scheme will cover the bottom 40% population who live below the poverty line.
The households/families that are included in data are based on the deprivation and occupational standards of the Caste Socioeconomic Census Data 2011 (SECC 2011) for both rural and urban areas.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) was previously known as the National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS). It was subscribed to the then National Insurance System (RSBY), which was launched in 2008. The coverage mentioned in PM-JAY, therefore, includes families that were included in the RSBY, but are not present in the SECC database. 2011.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) is a fully government-funded scheme and the cost of implementation of the scheme will be bear by both central as well as state governments.
Also Read, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Health and wellness centres across India under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana #PMJAY #AyushmanBharat are providing comprehensive primary health care for women and children.#SwasthaNariSwasthaBharat#SwasthaNariSashaktNari#IWD2020 pic.twitter.com/OLJLWFX6dI— Ministry of WCD (@MinistryWCD) March 2, 2020
Basic Features of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY)
Some of the key features of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana are as follows:
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana or PM-JAY is the largest health insurance scheme that is fully funded by Government.
- The scheme provides a health coverage insurance of 5 lacs rupees/year per family for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization. The scheme is applicable for both private and public/government hospitals across the country.
- The scheme is applicable for more than 10 crore poor families which are approximately 50 crore people that form the bottom 40% of the total population of India.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) provides cashless services i;e the beneficiary can avail these benefits without any cash transaction during the treatment.
- The scheme covers up to 3 days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days post-hospitalization expenses. Example diagnostics, medicines.
- The scheme gives flexibility to beneficiaries as there are no restrictions on the number of family members, age, or gender.
- The beneficiary can avail of all pre-existing benefits from day one.
- The scheme is portable across the country that means you can go to any empanelled hospitals(Private/Public) to get the cashless treatment.
- PM-JAY provides approximately 1,393 types of services covering all the treatment costs.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY)
Following are the services that are covererd under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY).
- Any Medical examination, treatment, and consultation
- Medicine and medical consumables
- Non-intensive and intensive care services
- Diagnostic and laboratory investigations
- Medical implantation services (where necessary)
- Accommodation benefits
- Food services
- Complications arising during treatment
- Post-hospitalization follow-up care up to 15 days