Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan is a scheme was launched by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 20th June 2020. Migrant laborers who have returned homes from different states as a result of the coronaviruses pandemic across the country will likely be given work under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan.
The scheme will run in a pilot mode in 116 districts of 6 states in 125 days. In this article, I will tell all the aspects and objectives of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan. Read the whole article for detailed information.
Overview of the Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan|
|Launched By||Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Launch Year||20th June 2020|
|Objective of the Scheme||Provide employment to migrant laborers|
|Beneficiaries||Migrant & Rural Laborers|
|Monitored By||Ministry of Rural Development|
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan
Under this scheme, migrant laborers from rural areas of the nation will be offered additional benefits. The scheme will be carried out in mission mode to help migrant workers in 116 districts of 6 states. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that the government is going to start about 25 types of different development activities in116 districts of 6 states. The scheme will run for 125 days from 20th June 2020.
To get the benefits of this scheme, the migrant laborers/ rural citizens of the above-mentioned states have to go to the official portal. Under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana scheme, the government is expected to spend about 50 thousand crores.
Key Features of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan
- Due to the Coronavirus pandemic and lockdown, migrant workers have lost their livelihood across the country. The scheme will provide works to every migrant worker according to their skill.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan, the primary benefits will likely be offered to the migrant laborers of rural areas.
- PM Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan will run for 125 days from 10th June onwards in 116 districts of 6 states of the nation, the government machinery of this campaign will work in mission mode to help the migrant workers.
- Because of complete lockdown, almost 67 lacs migrant workers have returned home in 116 districts of 6 states. These 116 districts include 32 in Bihar, 31 in Uttar Pradesh, 24 in Madhya Pradesh, 22 in Rajasthan, 4 in Odisha, and 3 in Jharkhand.
- The total budget of PM Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan is 50 thousand crores as mentioned by the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- The Rojgar Abhiyaan focuses on durable rural infrastructure and providing internet facilities.
- The Abhiyan includes community Sanitization Complicated underneath Gram Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan, Gram Panchayat Bhavan, works underneath Finance Fee funds, Nationwide Freeway Works, Water Conservation and Irrigation, Digging of wells. Plantation, Horticulture, Anganwadi Facilities, PM Awas Yojana (Rural), PM Gram Sadak Yojana, Railways, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee RURBAN Mission, PM KUSUM, Fiber Optic Laying of Bharat Web, Water Life Mission and many others. will likely be performed.
- The aim of this scheme is to extend livelihood alternatives in rural areas of the nation and to enhance the financial stability of migrant laborers who returned home because of lockdown.
Objective of the Scheme
- Provide a livelihood opportunity to migrants laborers and rural citizens who are affected by Coronavirus pandemic.
- Develop villages with public infrastructure and create livelihood opportunities through the construction of roads, housing, Anganwadis, Panchayat buildings, various livelihood assets, etc.
- To increase the per capita income of migrant workers in rural areas.
- A basket of different types of work will ensure that every migrant worker gets the opportunity of employment in the coming 125 days according to his skills. Through this, the scheme aims to set a stage for the development of rural-livelihoods for longer run.
- Through the implementation of the scheme, the government aims to improve the overall economic condition of workers.
List of states where Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan will take place.
|Serial No.||Name of the State||Total Districts||Aspirational Districts|
|Total no of Districts||116||27|
Here we have listed 25 works & activities planned to be taken up on priority basis during the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan
|S.No.||Work/ Activity||S.No.||Work/ Activity|
|1||Construction of Community sanitation centre (CSC)||14||Construction of cattle sheds|
|2||Construction of Gram Panchayat Bhawan||15||Construction of poultry sheds|
|3||Works under 14th FC funds||16||Construction of Goat Shed|
|4||Construction of National Highway works||17||Construction of Vermi-compost structures|
|5||Water conservation & Harvesting works||18||Railway|
|6||Construction of Wells||19||RURBAN|
|7||Plantation works||20||PM Kusum|
|9||Construction of Anganwadi Centers||22||CAMPA plantation|
|10||Construction of rural housing works||23||PM Urja Ganga Project|
|11||Rural connectivity works||24||KVK training for Livelihoods|
|12||Solid and liquid waste management works||25||District Mineral Foundation Trust (DMFT) works|
|13||Construction of farm ponds|
Also Read, Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
Ministry of Rural Development is the nodal Ministry For Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan rojgar Abhiyan. Below we have mentioned the ministries that will work collabartley to full-fill the mission of the scheme
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
- Ministry of Rural Improvement.
- Ministry of road, Transport, and Highways.
- Ministry of Mines
- Telecom Deptt.
- Ministry of Petroleum and natural gas.
- Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
- Ministry of Forest, Environment, and Climate Change.
- Ministry of Railways
- New and Renewable Energy
- Ministry of Border and Roads.
- Ministry of Agriculture.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan Web portal
To make the process simpler and quicker, the Union Minister of State for Rural Development and Panchayati Manya Narendra Singh Tomar launched the Garib Kalyan Rojgar web portal/website at a video conference in Delhi on 26 June. Union Minister stated that lacs of poor workers who returned home because of lockdown will be given 4 months’ work under this scheme.
The web portal contains all the information related to PM Garib Kalyan Rojgar Yojana. The web portal will help in monitoring the activities and progress of the scheme. It includes the list of districts and states covered under this scheme. Any migrant labor can go to the portal and apply online
Helpdesk Support for Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan
To support all the stakeholders of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan, the Ministry of Rural Health comes up with the support number for quick and seamless communication.
i) E-mail-ID: [email protected]
ii) If anyone faces any issue while registration and uploading documents, then you can Contact the below Persons for issues faced in GKRA portal:
a. Akshay Tyagi – 9717029357
b. Naveen Upadhyay – 9717506515