Current Affairs 2020 carries a good weightage in all types of competitive exams, hence it is very important to update with current national, international and political events. Here, I will share some important events that took place in last few days.
1. Which country is the highest contributor to the World Health Organization financially?
2. According to the United Nations(UN), how many people will be affected by COVID-19 in India? a)200 million
3. Hydroxychloroquine(one kind of drug) is primarily used for the treatment of a) Typhoid
4. Which of the following animals has been recently tested positive for COVID-19 in the US Bronx zoo?
5. World health day is observed on
b) 5th April
d) 8th April
6. Which of the following Indian state has topped in micro-irrigation coverage in the financial year 2019-20?
d) Tamil Nadu
7. National Highway Authority of India(NHAI) has achieved the highest ever construction of national highways in 2019-20. It has accomplished the construction of __ of km in 2019-20
8. Which of the following state /UT has unveiled a 5T plan to fight COVID-19
9. Which of the following country has been banned by the International Weightlifting Federation(IWF) from taking part in Weightlifting at Tokyo Olympics, 2020?
c) Both i & ii
d) None of the above
10. When the Tokyo Olympic 2020 will start?
a) 20th July 2020
b) 21st July 2020
c)24th August 2020
d)21st July 2021
11. Recently Jock Edwards passes away, He was a famous__
12. NASA will monitor earthquakes, volcanic eruptions from space using a new imaging radar system named as __
13. ISSF Worldcup has been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. ISSF Worldcup was scheduled to take in which of the following Indian city in May 2020
14. Recently, Pench Tiger Reserve is in news due to the death of a full-grown tiger with ravaged lungs and fatal respiratory distress. Pench Tiger reserve is in __
a)UP & M.P
c)Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra
d)Karnataka, Tamil Nadu
15. Which Ministry issued an advisory to the Chief Wildlife Wardens of states/UTs regarding containment of COVID-19 in national parks, tiger reserves and sanctuaries?
16.Which nation lifted the temporary ban imposed on the export of essential drugs-Hydroxychloroquine, Paracetamol?
17.Which airlines operated India’s first cargo-on-seat flight?
18. NASA’s Artemis Base Camp is expected to work as a gateway to landing humans on which planet?
19. Which High Court stayed an FIR registered against Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey?
a)Delhi High Court
b)Madras High Court
c)Bombay High Court
d)Rajasthan High Court
20. What is the name of the ventilator developed by Indian Railways?
21) Umaro Cissoko Embalo is sworn in as the President of which country?
22) Which of the following ministry has launched Sugamata (Enhanced Access and Service Excellence) 3.0?
Ministry of Textiles of
labor and employment
23) In which city Defense Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the new Light Combat helicopter production hangar?
24) According to the NCAER Land Records and Services Index, which is the best performing state in terms of digitizing land records?
25) Mithi River is located in which of the following states?
26) At which railway station Indian Railways has launched its first “Restaurant on Wheels”?
A. Anand Vihar Railway Station
B. Asansol Railway Station
C. Bhopal railway station
D. Udipur Railway Station
27) The 19th edition of the World Productivity Congress (WPC) will be held in which city?
28) Eminent Dr. for politics Who was awarded the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Award 2020?
A. Nitish Kumar
B. Naveen Patnaik
C. Jagmohan Reddy
D. Sarbananda Sonowal
5. Ans: 7th of April. 2020 theme was “Support Nurses and midwives”
6. Tamil nadu
8. Delhi. 5Ts are testing, tracing, treatment, teamwork and tracking cum monitoring of virus.
9. Thailand and Malaysia.
10. Tokyo Olympic is rescheduled to 21st July 2021 due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Exactly one year later that was about to start from July 2020.
11. Ans: New Zeland Cricketer.
12. Ans: CIRES(Cubesat Imaging radar for earth science)
13. Ans: New Delhi
14. Madya Pradesh, Pench Tiger reserve or Pench National park is one of the premier tiger reserves of India. There are 6 Tiger reserves in M.P
15. (c) Environment Ministry
The Environment Ministry has issued an advisory to the Chief Wildlife Wardens of all states and union territories relating to containment of COVID-19 in nationwide parks, tiger reserves and sanctuaries. The transfer follows the latest information report of a four-year-old tiger being contaminated with coronavirus in New York’s Bronx Zoo.
16. (d) India
India has lifted the restriction imposed on the export of anti-malarial drug Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) and paracetamol. India will now enable the export of those medicine in acceptable portions to neighboring nations which can be most affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
17. (b) SpiceJet
SpiceJet lately operated India’s first cargo-on-seat flight from Delhi to Chennai to move important provides. The B737 passenger plane was carrying 11 tons of significant provides in passenger cabin & stomach house. It is anticipated to do 5 rotations carrying essential provides.
Also read, What is Ayushman Bharat Yojana
18. (b) Mars
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has been engaged in the ‘Artemis Program’ that goals at touchdown people on the moon by 2024. The base camp is anticipated to efficiently show the US’s long-established management in house and can function a gateway for humanity’s first mission to Mars.
19. (d) Rajasthan High Court
The Rajasthan High Court stayed an FIR registered in opposition to Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey on April 7, 2020. The FIR was filed in 2018 throughout Dorsey’s India go to for allegedly hurting sentiments of the Brahmin group. The Jodhpur Court had ordered Police to register an FIR in opposition to him.
20. (a) Jeevan
The Indian Railways has developed a low-cost ventilator named ‘Jeevan’. The ventilator was developed at the Kapurthala Rail Coach Factory of the Railways.
Read What is Pradhan Mantri Jhan Dan Yojana
These are important events that took place in the last few weeks. Current Affairs 2020 of other months is coming soon. Please stay tuned and subscribe to our blog for the latest information.