JEE: joint Entrance Exam
The full form of JEE is Joint Entrance Exam. The exam is the gateway for all premium engineering colleges such as IITs and NITs in India. Through JEE, a student can enroll in technical courses such as B.Tech/B. Arch. If you are a JEE aspirant, and want to crack JEE exam, then this article is for you.
In this article, we will cover all the detailed information about JEE exam.
JEE 2020 Highlights:
|1st wName of the Exam||Joint Entrance Exam(JEE Mains+Advance)|
|Exam date||PM Narendra Modi and Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE)|
|Mode of examination||Online Computer based|
|Registration begins||May 19,2020|
|Registration ends||May 24, 2020|
|Application correction||25th may-31st May 2020 (re-open)|
|Admit card release date||1st week, July 2020|
|Exam date||July 18 – July 23, 2020|
|Announcement of Result||2nd week of august, 2020|
The first IIT in India was IIT Kharagpur( West Bengal) whose foundation was laid by former Prime Minister Shri Jawaharlal Nehru in 1951. The primary objective of IIT was to initiate technical education and scientific research across the country.
Currently, there are 13,376 total seats are there in 23 IITs. Out of these 7 are premium IITs which were established before 2000. These IITs have higher authority and reputation and hence need higher rank in JEE Advance to enroll.
The remaining IITs were built after 2000 and still constructions are going on.
JEE is considered as the toughest engineering entrance exam in India. It consists of in 2 two rounds The first one is JEE Mains and the Second one is JEE Advance.
JEE mains is the first stage exam which is qualifying in nature. The candidate who qualify JEE mains will be eligible for next stage exam called JEE Advance. Finally, a cut off mark is declared for each category basis on number of seats available.
So, if you are preparing for IIT, then you must qualify the JEE mains exam in order to sit for the next rounds called JEE Advance. The students with a lesser rank can apply for lower engineering colleges such as NITs and central universities.
Download JEE Mains Syllabus 2020
This year, NTA releases the JEE mains syllabus on its official website (https://jeemain.nic.in/). You can download from the official website of JEE mains or you can download from the below link.
JEE Admit Card 2020
According to the NTA’s official notification dated May 22, the date of JEE Main Admit Card download will be announced on the official website 15 days before the examination is held.
Candidates can download their admission form by logging on to the official website using their registered email ID and password. Hall ticket is a mandatory document that the examinee needs to carry on the day of examination. It contains important information about the candidate and the exam, such as the name and address of the exam center, guidelines for the exam day, picture and signature of the examinee, etc. The steps that candidates need to follow to download the JEE Main Admission Card
- See the official website i.e. nta.jeemain.nic.in.
- Find the link that says “Jei Main January Session Admission Card 2020”
- Click on the link
- Admission will appear on the screen.
- Take out the color print and save it for future reference.
Note – Candidates must carefully check the details mentioned in the admission card. In case of any error they must immediately contact the examination authority.
JEE Maine 2020 Test Center
According to a recent notification from the NTA, candidates will now be able to change their city choice at the JEE Main Examination Center through the Form Correction Window until May 31, 2020. However, due to limited professions in the centers, candidates may be allotted separate examination centers.
- Candidates can choose 4 choices in the test center section while filling up the JEE original application form.
- Candidates will be assigned to one of the four preferred as their test center.
- Candidates must note that the NTA will not make any request to change the examination center, once the application form is submitted.
- Details such as test center address, test day and slot, and other necessary guidelines related to JEE Main will be mentioned in the entry form.
- Candidates are requested to visit the allotted examination center once before the actual examination to avoid last-minute chaos.
- Check out the list of JEE main test cities 2020 – by state
Best Books for JEE(Mains+Advance)
A. For Maths you can refer R.D Sharma, R.D Sharma is a well- known Maths teacher from IIT, Kanpur. To see the books, follow the below links
- Class 12th Maths by R.D Sharma(Volume I+Volume II)
- Class 11th Maths by R.D Sharma(Volume I+ Volume II)
B. For Physics, one can follow H.C Verma Physics. Every successful students follow HC Verma physics because of its unique numercial problems.
- Class 12th Physics by HC Verma(Volume I+Volume II)
- Class 11th Physics by HC Verma(Volume I+Volume II)
C. For Chemistry, you can follow
Also Read, IIT full form