Biofloc Tech Fish Farming scheme was recently launched by the Odisha Government. The scheme was launched to promote aqua culture like fish farming across the state. In this article, I will tell you all the information related to Biofloc Tech Fish Farming. If you want to take benefits from this scheme, then read this article. Here I will cover all the details such as the scope of the scheme, benefits, eligibility criteria and how to apply step by step.
Highlight of the Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||Biofloc Tech Fish Farming|
|Launched By||Odisha Government|
|Objective||To promote Fish and sea farming|
|Beneficiaries||All the fishermens|
|Monitored By||Ministry of Fisheries and Animal Resources Development|
Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme
The Orissa government has launched the Bioflock Tech Fish Farming Scheme to promote fish farming in the state. The scheme will employ small-businessmen, unemployed youths, and intensively dynamic fishers. The scheme is going to help young people facing unemployment amid the Covid-19 epidemic. .
Objective of the Scheme
- The primary objective of the Scheme is to promote aqua-farming high yielding fish farming in smaller areas using a technology called Bio-Flock Technology.
- Generate jobs by encouraging farmers, small and medium level entrepreneurs and unemployed youth through Bio-Flock Farming technology.
Eligibility criteria for Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme
To apply for the scheme you need to follow the following eligibility criteria: –
- Only freshwater fish and saltwater shrimp farmers (grow-out tanks, nurseries and seed tanks) have been occupied; Fish and shrimp hatchery operators; Entrepreneurs are eligible under this scheme.
- Unemployed youths will be given more priority under this scheme.
- Bioflock farming involves advanced technical operations. Hence, Before operating the unit, the beneficiary has to take special training on bio-flock technology.
- Beneficiaries will be provided back-end assistance for the installation of a bio-flock system, inside a shed with PVC / tarpaulin tanks, water supply, sewerage, and wind power units.
- Beneficiaries of saltwater shrimp farms/nurseries and seed tanks/hatcheries should have a license from the Coastal Aquaculture Authority.
- Assistance will be provided with a minimum of 2 tanks and a maximum of 6 tanks.
Documents Required Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme
- Identity proof such as Aadhar Card
- Photocopy of Bank A/C No. with IFS Code for DBT
- Applicants land document
- If the applicants took any bank loan earlier, then consent letter from Bank.
- Self-declaration by the applicants
Also Read, Kalia Yojana List
How to Apply for Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme 2020
To apply for Odisha Biofloc Tech fish farming scheme, applicants ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and keep their documents ready before applying for the scheme.
Now, to apply for the scheme, applicant can follow these simple steps
- At first, go to the official website of the Fisheries and Animal Resource Development of Odisha. To visit, click here.
- After that, on the home page of the website, go to the menu section. You will find an option “Schemes”. Now from the Scheme section, select Fisheries Scheme and click enter.
- Now a page will appear that contains all the schemes related to fisheries. Go to the first option i;e “Promotion of Intensive Aquaculture through Introduction of Bio-floc Technology during the year 2020-21″ and click on View.
- As soon as you click on view, a PDF file will open in the next tab that contains all the necessary information related to “Promotion of Intensive Aquaculture through Introduction of Bio-flocTechnology during the year 2020-21”.
- Go through this PDF here directly or else you can follow the above steps.
- Now on the last page of the PDF, you will find the application form for Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme 2020. After that take a print out copy of this form.
- After that, fill-up the form carefully and attached the relevant documents.
- Finally, submit it to the respective office of your district.