Arunoday Scheme Assam is a newly announced scheme by the state govt to help the poor families of the state. On 12th August, Assam Finance and Health Minister announced this scheme in a brief press conference. The scheme will be officially launched on 2nd October 2020. Under the Arunoday scheme, 17 lacs families will be provided financial assistance of Rs 830/month from October onwards. According to the minister, the amount will be transferred directly to the beneficiary account on the first date of every month. The scheme aims to empower the women of the state.
|Name of the Scheme||Arunoday Scheme|
|Launched By||Health & Finance Minister of Assam Himanta Biswa Sarma|
|Launch Year||2nd October, 2020|
|Objective of the Scheme||To provide financial assistance to poor families on monthly basis|
|Beneficiary||Any Women family member nominated by family(Appx 17 lacs families)|
|Amount to be given||Rs 830 per month|
The finance minister also stated that the amount will be given through “Direct Bank Transfer(DBT)” to the beneficiary account. The amount will be transferred to one of the female members of the family. After the selection of the beneficiary family, the family has to nominate any female member of the family who will receive the amount. No man can avail this benefit.
He also clarified that the amount will be transferred continuously until the family become financially independent.
Eligibility Criteria for Arunoday Scheme
To avail the benefits of Arunoday Scheme, applicants must full-fill the eligibilty crietria.. The eligibilty cruteria are as follows
- Applicants must be a woman of the family.
- Applicants should be a permanent resident of Assam.
- The total income of the family should be less than 2 lacs rupees annually.
- Applicants women should have a bank account where the amount will be transferred.
- If the applicant’s nominated member doesn’t have any bank account, then she must open a bank account before applying the scheme.
GoA has decided to provide Rs 830 per month each to 17 lakh families under the ambitious ‘Orunodoi’ Scheme. The selection of beneficiaries to start from August 17, 2020. They will receive the amount on the first day of every month, starting from October, 2020.#AssamAlwaysAhead pic.twitter.com/G4yBUUBwq5— Himanta Biswa Sarma (@himantabiswa) August 12, 2020
Documents Required for Assam Arunoday Scheme
Below are the documents that one should keep ready before applying for Assam Arunoday Scheme:
- Bank Account Proof of the nominated member.
- Address Proof such as Aadhar Card/Voter ID
- Permanent Resident Certificate.
- Registered Mobile Number.
How to apply for Assam Arunoday Scheme
Interested people can download the online form official website and can fill it carefully. To fill up the form, candidate make sure that all the documents are ready. Below are the instructions that you can follow before fill up the form.
- At first, go to the official website of Assam Finance Department at https://finance.assam.gov.in/
- On the home page of the website, you will see an option Scheme and Projects. Click on that.
- On clicking, you will find multiple schemes, choose the option Arunoday.
- Now, click the link and you will see the application form in PDF format.
- Download the PDF file and take a print out copy of the form.
- Now keep all the documents ready before applying the form.
- After filling up the form, now submit the form with all the required documents.
The following households will be excluded under the Arunoday scheme Assam 2020
- Family/households which do not have any female member in the family.
- Households that have any former or running MLA/MP.
- Households that have current members of PRI/ULB.
- Families that have any regular serving or retired govt employees.
- Families that have regular serving employees of the co-operative society.
- Families that have any family member who is a doctor, engineer, Charted Accountant, architect, and registered government contractors.
- Any family member who is an income tax payee.
- Families which have more than 15bighas of agricultural land.
- Households who own 4 wheelers. mechanical boats and tractor.
- Households that own a refrigerator/washing machine or any Air conditioner.
Preference will be given to those households which have :
- Any households which have widow/Divorced/unmarried female/separate female.
- Households which have any physically disabled member.
- Households that don’t have any NFSA card.
Benefits of the scheme
Below are the main benefits of Assam Arunoday Scheme that one can get:
- The benefits of the scheme are available for all households whose yearly income is less than Rs 2 lacs rupees, however, preference will be given to those women who are unmarried and live separately, divorced, or widowed.
- The scheme will provide Rs 830/month to the beneficiary account through DBT (Direct Bank Transfer Mode) and it will be continued in the coming years as mentioned by the Assam govt during the announcement of the scheme.
Arunoday Scheme Application Form
To download the form, Click Here
Frequently asked questions
- What is the Assam Arunodoy (Orunodoi) Scheme 2020?
Arunodoy (Orunodoi) Scheme is a new scheme of the Assam government to provide financial assistance to poor families who are permanent citizens of the state.
- Who are eligible for Orunodoi Scheme?
People who are permanent citizens and whose total household income is less than Rs 2 lakh per year are eligible to take the benefits.
- How much amount will be given as assistance under this scheme?
The State Govt of Assan will provide Rs 830 per month to all the beneficiaries who will be selected under this scheme.
- When will be the scheme launched?
This Arunodoy scheme will be officially launched on 2nd October 2020. The scheme has been announced by Assam finance Minister Shri Himanta Biswa Sharma few weeks ago.
- How to apply for Arunodoy Scheme?
To apply for Arunodoi Scheme 2020, you have to download the Arunodoi Scheme application form from the link above. After downloading the application form, take a print out copy of the form and fill it carefully. After filling up the form, you have to submit it to the concerned authorities along with the required documents mentioned above.
What is the objective of the Assam Arunodoy Scheme 2020-21?
The primary objective of the Assam Arunodoy Scheme is to empower financially to the families who belong to economically weaker sections.
Can I download the application form of the Assam Orunodoi Scheme on the portal?
Yes, one can download the application form of the Assam Arunoday Scheme from the official website as mentioned above or you can download directly from the link here.