Arundhati Gold Scheme Assam is a girl’s welfare scheme launched by the Assam government. The scheme was launched by the Assam finance minister Shri Himanta Biswa Sharma. Under the scheme, the government will provide 10 grams of gold(approximately Rs 38,000) to each bride of the state during their first marriage. To avail the benefits of the Arundhati Gold Scheme Assam, the marriage of the bride should be registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1956.The government-sanctioned total Rs 300 crore under this scheme.
In this article, I will explain you all the details such as eligibility criteria, benefits, and how to apply related to the scheme.
So, lets start!!
|Full Name of the Scheme||Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme|
|Launched By||Finance Minister Shri Himanta Biswa Sharma|
|Launched Date||6th February, 2019|
|Allocated budget for the scheme||RS 300 crore|
|Objective of the scheme||To help the girls|
|Beneficiaries||All bride who falls under economically weaker section|
As we know that India is a diverse country, people from different communities, caste, tribes live together for years, that is the beauty of our Indian civilization which is difficult to find in any other parts of the world. But our country is still plagued with social ills such as girls’ child marriage, killing female foeticide, dowry, etc.
In many parts of the country, female childbirth is still considered bad luck. This is very unfortunate as women are the means of transferring a generation. Not just childbirth, in many states in India girls are still unable to access higher education.
An interesting fact is that when the rest of the country was suffering from these social evils, Assam was fortunate enough which was free from these evils since ancient times. In the northeastern part of India, people believe that Girl’s child is blessings from God, It brings fortune to a family.
Gold is considered an auspicious gift in our culture. People love to gift it on occasions such as marriage, anniversary, etc. But in many cases, this dream remains un-fulfill because of the financial condition of parents. To bring a little smile to the parents of the state during their daughter’s marriage, the Assam government takes an initiative under Arundhati Gold Scheme Assam to provide 10grams of gold(Appx. Rs 38000/) to every bride during their first marriage.
Only condition is that the marriage should be registered under the Special Marriage Act 1956 and the economic status of the family should be weak.
Objective of Arundhati Gold Scheme Assam
The primary objective of the Arundhati Gold Scheme Assam is to help the parents of a girl who is not very strong financially, but like all parents, they want to make some gold gifts that are considered good for them as a gift to the daughter for his wedding. The government wants to share the joy of those parents who marry off their daughters giving them 30,000 / – or some kind of blessing for buying gold. The nodal department for the implementation of the Arundhi Gold Project is the Department of Revenue and DM (Registry).
Arundhati Gold Scheme approved in cabinet yesterday. Newly married couples, if they register their marriage will get 1 tola gold: Assam Minister of Finance, Himanta Biswa Sarma @CMOfficeAssam pic.twitter.com/4j0uW9yK1e— AIR News Guwahati (@airnews_ghy) November 20, 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Arundhati Gold Scheme
- The age of the bride and groom should be at least 18 and 21 years respectively.
- The marriage of the couple should be registered under the special marriage act, 1956.
- The marriage that is solemnized on or after 1st December 2019 and registered on or after 1st January 2020 is eligible under this scheme.
- The total income of the parents of the bride should not be more than 5 lacs rupees.
- The scheme is available for the first marriage of the bride only.
- The couples i;e bride and groom should be at least HSLC / equivalent passed.
- No educational qualification requires for Adivasis and Tea tribes community.
Documents Required for Arundhati Gold Scheme
1) Proof of age:
A. Other than tea tribes and indigenous communities: HSLC/ Equivalent pass certificate as proof of age
B. For Tea-tribe with a birth certificate / any academic certificate of the indigenous community of both bride and groom as proof of age.
2) Attested copy of the marriage certificate issued by the marriage officer under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.
3) Certificate of Income proof of the parents of the applicant issued by the concerned Circle Officer.
4) A bank passbook copy of the applicant
5) The applicant should take a certificate from Village mauzadar/Gaobodha that mentions that this is the first marriage of the bride.
6) The minimum age for brides and grooms should not be 18 and 21 years.